2022 Q1 – Slot recovery & P&A – case histories and advancements in technology
In order for the Energy Transition to come to fruition, we as an Oil and Gas Industry must do more with less. This is especially relevant when it comes making use of existing infrastructure and well stock. Successful slot recovery is a key enabler in delivering lower cost production and extending field life. There is an increase in slot recovery operations on all mature fields and the need for the right, smart, cost effective technology solutions will be in high demand in the years to come.
Likewise, plug and abandonment activities are critical to maintaining our industry’s License to Operate. The ability to properly abandon a well lies at the heart of our decommissioning goals and will become even more relevant as depleted fields become the target of Carbon Capture & Storage projects.
The following topics are areas of interest, however, other relevant suggestions are welcome;
• P&A fluid and cementing designs and verification technology
• Novel isolation techniques
• Open water abandonments
• Slot recovery and P&A case studies
• Utilization of squeezing formations as isolation barriers
• Operational best practices for slot recovery
• Technology advancements in creating isolations
Members key contacts
• University of Aberdeen – Lateef Akanji – email@example.com –
• THREE60 Energy – Stian Hauge – firstname.lastname@example.org – +47 971 71 086