Download DEA(e) Fact sheet.
The objective of the DEA(e) is to improve access to and use of drilling technology on a worldwide basis through ongoing knowledge sharing and supply chain stimulation. The DEA(e) will:
- Maintain a comprehensive network of operators and service companies to provide a pan-industry focus for drilling technology in the upstream oil and gas industry
- Be focused on two main activities; the facilitation of technical workshops and the management of a powerful shared knowledge resource through a dedicated DEA(e) website
- Promote knowledge sharing and lessons learned regarding different technological approaches, applications and experiences amongst members
- Aggregate and prioritise members’ technology needs and gaps
- Communicate prioritised technology needs to contractors and suppliers and invite them to participate in and propose innovative solutions at workshops etc.
- Have a pan-European membership, with a worldwide technological focus
- Potentially spawn a small number of niche technology forums in areas prioritised by members
- Be managed at an annual fee for operator members and service company members