Q318: Transforming the drilling process through automated drilling and other differentiating technologies
Thursday 20th & Friday 21st September 2018, hosted by Halliburton – Stavanger, Norway
The industry is in the rise from a too long time in the shadow of downturn.
How can the industry make positive changes by utilizing digitalization, big data and disruptive technology to achieve higher level of autonomy. Automation in drilling and completion operations has to come quickly, but too rapid adoption will leave many industry players behind. Advances in control and automation of the whole drilling and completion processes will increase improvements in safety, reliability and consistency.
The following topics provide areas of interest, but other suggestions relevant to the meeting theme are welcomed.
- Automating the well planning process.
- Drive to Improve operational efficiency.
- Enhanced Borehole imaging. Fx. seismic while drilling.
- Visionary technologies that looks to the far future.
- Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR)
- Open platform for 3rd party integration.
- Reduce well construction time.
- Remove people from safety critical areas
- Deliver a quality well in the right place.
- Combining physical models with machine learning techniques.
- Preparedness of the work force to adapt to the new generation drilling and completion autonomy.
- Automation between surface and downhole measurement
- Use of wired drill pipe and LSM
- Interpretation of measurements